Reporting to: Head of Delegated Authority Management
Location: Swansea or London
IQUW is a speciality (re)insurer at Lloyd’s (Syndicate 1856) underwriting a diverse range of Property, Commercial and Speciality (re)insurance products from Cargo and Marine to Political Violence, Terror and War. We combine data, intelligent automation and human expertise to make smart decisions, fast.
ERS is the UK's largest specialist motor insurer with an A+ rating. We recognise that for some, motor insurance is more than just a must-have; it's a way of taking care of what stands at the heart of their passion or livelihood. For those people, standard insurance isn't enough. That's why we work exclusively with motor insurance brokers to help get under the skin of the most difficult insurance risks, helping build products to meet their customer’s needs.
The role of the Delegated Authority Analyst is vital to support the DA team with the successful implementation of IQUW’s Delegated Authority strategy.
The purpose of the role is to support the IQUW delegated authority (DA) function, primarily Underwriters writing delegated authority arrangements within IQUW’s Syndicate 218 and 1856, ensuring compliance with the company’s Delegated Authority (DA) Framework.
- In line with the DA Framework provide support to Underwriters and other relevant stakeholders by ensuring due diligence and ongoing monitoring is undertaken across all new and existing delegated authorities (Binding Authorities, Lineslips, Consortium and Delegated Claims Administrators (DCAs).
- Bordereaux management and EPI Monitoring assistance and support with processing and resolving bordereaux or EPI queries.
- Prepare performance reporting and insights of IQUW’s delegated authority arrangements, including KPIs discussing with Underwriting teams.
- Support the co-ordination of audit planning and follow up programme for Coverholders and DCAs.
- To support the Delegated Authority Team with administrating the review process for all binding authorities, lineslips, consortium and DCAs falling within IQUW.
- To assist the Delegated Authority Team with any DA regulatory and Lloyd’s returns as required and actions arising from market thematic reviews are embedded within the company.
- To build and maintain a strong relationship with all business units, particularly Underwriting teams.
- Where required, to attend the Delegated Underwriting Managers (‘DUM’) forums and other market seminars / workshops and provide summary updates to the Senior Compliance Officer as required.
- Where required, provide administrative assistance and co-ordination support for internal/external audit reviews and other ad hoc DA projects.
The above duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list and you may be required to undertake any other reasonable duties compatible with your experience and competencies. This description may be varied from time to time to reflect changing business requirements.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Relative experience working in Delegated Authorities Administrative role within an insurance company, ideally Lloyd’s market.
- Attention to detail, excellent due diligence, and investigative skills.
- Strong analytical, written and communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the business in a confident and professional manner.
- IT literate with experience of third-party Lloyd’s management systems, including DCOM, DAM, Lineage, Atlas, Crystal, DDM, VIPR’s Intrali & LWR
- Strong Excel skills
Desirable behavioural attributes
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Articulate and numerate
- A team player
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop a career in delegated authorities.
- Organised with a clear ability to prioritise and deliver on allocated tasks in a timely manner.