As a product Manager, you will drive the delivery of individual products within product team(s), whilst supporting our transition to a product-centric delivery organisation. You will be required to develop a comprehensive understanding of the business, its goals, and priorities, as well as the ability to lead, mentor, and motivate the responsible product team to deliver high value initiatives to the business.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business goals, priorities, and processes for IQ underwriting, forming a clear vision and priority plan (roadmap) in line with corporate goals.
- Manage business stakeholder expectations and maintain positive stakeholder relationships.
- Work with the Product Business Owner and key stake holders within underwriting to provide input to the product strategy and roadmap.
- Lead, mentor and motivate the responsible product team to ensure successful and effective product delivery to achieve product vision and strategy in line with agreed deadlines.
- Bridge the gap between business and technical requirements. Ensure adherence to good practice in requirements elicitation, documentation, and business processes, articulating them as increments of change (Epics, Features and User Stories).
- Prioritise change with product stakeholders according to strategy/vision/desirability/viability/feasibility and maximum value return.
- Work with the product team to refine backlogs so that its definition of ready is met for delivery.
- Own the product(s) delivery portfolio, working closely with product stakeholders and the product team to develop and maintain delivery plans, in priority order; ensuring suitable resource plans are in place to underpin the portfolio and goals are clear and well-articulated.
- Define and track success metrics, such as KPIs and OKRs, to validate product success, by developing the capability to measure product performance through the use of observability and data tooling.
- Ensure transparency, checks, and balances, governance, and controls to deliver quality and consistency.
- Work closely with the Head of Product to help develop and mature all product management capability within the organisation, mentoring new Product Managers where required to ensure consistency of standards within the Product Team.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and development within the product team.
- Drive creativity and initiative within the product team.
The above duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list, and you may be required to undertake any other reasonable duties compatible with your experience and competencies. This description may be varied from time to time to reflect changing business requirements.
Key desirable attributes
- Experience (4+ years) of working in a business analysis, product owner or product manager role withing a product-centric organisation structure.
- Experience in the (re)insurance underwriting sector and a regulatory environment like Lloyds London Market (beneficial but not essential).
- A good working understanding and appreciation of delivery practises across multiple disciplines to be able to build the necessary relationships with teams to deliver product vision, strategy, and roadmaps. These include product management, software engineering, analysis, UX, quality assurance, DevOps, and agile delivery.
- Full project life-cycle experience with knowledge of different project life cycles, including waterfall, agile, and hybrid.
- Experience collaborating with various departmental groups to facilitate collaboration and risk control where needed (business, finance, HR, legal, etc.).
- Proven experience in a dynamic, collaborative, agile environment.
- Broad understanding of IT and common technologies used in insurance.
- Customer-centric mindset.
- Familiarity with modern agile delivery management tools such as Azure DevOps and Jira (Beneficial, not essential)
- Strong communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Experience delivering enterprise-grade software.
- Experience of BI and/or workflow tools.
- Experience developing AI technologies in insurance or financial markets.
- Experience of Automation such as OCR for process improvement.