Do you have experience with Microsoft Azure cloud platform?
Our Senior Cloud Platform Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and supporting all aspects of the IQUW Azure cloud platform environment. This will involve interpreting complex business requirements and designing highly available solutions to address these needs. The Senior Cloud Platform Engineer role is hands-on, where you will build and configure the environment, as well as lead in the proactive support and monitoring of the platform, ensuring performance and stability is maintained.
This role is offered on a remote basis.
Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager your main responsibilities in the role will be to:
- Analyse and interpret complex business requirements, and designing resilient, secure solutions to address these needs
- Deploying and configuring new solutions to meet business needs, using DevOps methodologies and automation
- Troubleshooting, supporting, and maintaining the platform, ensuring stability and uptime. Identifying root causes and responding to incidents and service requests within defined SLAs
- Following the defined process for raising changes and attending weekly CAB
- Managing and updating automated deployment tools, including infratructure-as-code terraform scripts
- Suppporting IQUW Azure cloud infrastructure, security, developers and cloud application owners in knowledge transfer and troubleshooting
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Annual holiday buy (up to 3 extra days)
- Salary sacrifice benefits
- Annual benefits reviews
- Professional qualifications and study support
We'd like to hear from you, if you have:
- Expert experience and working knowledge with Microsoft Azure cloud platform, preferably AZ certified to complement working experience.
- Experience designing and building complex solutions in MS Azure
- Experience deploying a variety of resource in MS Azure including, IaaS, PaaS and serverless platforms, including but not limited to:
- Azure SQL Managed instance
- Azure AD and ADDS
- API manager/gateway
- Apps and functions
- Azure containerisation, AKS or ACI
- Experience in ensuring network security of cloud resources
- Azure firewall
- VPN gateway
- Hands on experience using cloud orchestration - Terraform
- Knowledge and experienced with version control systems
- Knowledge or experience of Azure Data Factory
- Monitoring of cloud service e.g. Azure monitor
- A full Job Description can be seen here.