Do you want to start a career in the insurance industry?
Our Underwriting Assistants provide administrative and technical support to our underwriting teams where they actively contribute to the success of the lines they support and the overall business. This is a key role in a newly formed business unit and will have exposure to serval lines of business including but not limited to War, Terror & Political Violence and Professional Lines.
The location for this role is our London office, we are currently trialling a mix of office and home working patterns at IQUW Group. During the selection process we will discuss indicative home / office patterns for this role.
This role is offered on a 6-month fixed-term contract, prior Underwriting or Insurance experience is not required.
Reporting to a Senior Underwriter your main responsibilities in the role will be to:
- Support operations and processes across the syndicate such as data capture, message processing and workflows
- Perform quality assurance checks of work undertaken by the team, ensuring a consistent and effective service to stakeholders
- Assist the effective delivery of underwriting management risk controls and processes such as Syndicate Underwriting Guidelines, Underwriting Peer Review and Contract Certainty
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure the Syndicate’s and Lloyd’s regulatory returns and reports and prepared and submitted in a timely manner
- Work with the Delegated Underwriting team to ensure that binders are properly setup, controlled and monitored
- Provide an effective feedback loop for any issues identified and work with theSenior Underwriter to resolve any issues identified
Prior Insurance experience is not required for this role and we'd like to hear from you, if you:
- Are inquisitive, eager to learn and driven, you won’t be afraid to ask questions if it means building your understanding
- Aren't deterred when starting a new task, but you will be methodical in your approach and will ensure requirements are understood
- Take pride in your work and aim to deliver a well-organised and high-quality service to stakeholders
- Have excellent numerical skills, able to analyse and interpret underwriting data and in time derive decisions
- Are autonomous and proactive, in time able to lead the completion of your own workload and call out any problems or concerns with confidence
What you'll get in return
- Excellent employee benefits including discounts from a range of high street retailers
- Potential for a permanent position at the end of the contract