Do you have insurance accounting experience?
Our Syndicate Accountants assist with the preparation, production, reconciliation and submission of Syndicate Financial reporting to a high standard, on a timely basis. Their work spans Quarterly Board packs, Lloyd’s Regulatory Returns including Solvency2 reporting.
The location for this role is our London office, we are currently trialling a mix of office and home working patterns at IQUW Group. During the selection process we will discuss indicative home / office patterns for this role.
Your main responsibilities in the role will to:
- Prepare and reconcile technical journal entries relating to the Syndicate within documented deadlines
- Prepare monthly Syndicate P&L and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the production of monthly and quarterly Syndicate financial reporting in accordance with established timetables
- Develop a good understanding of dataflows and dependencies to support the population of the GL and financial reporting
- Document and maintain adequate procedures and controls
- Assist in the preparation of Lloyd’s returns including QMA, QMB and Solvency II reporting ensuring these are prepared in accordance with Lloyd’s Byelaws
- Completing early drafts of reporting packs in good time to allow for several layers of internal/external reviews
- Critically analysing the data in all Lloyd’s Returns prior to submission - by raising queries and incorporating appropriate responses within the accompanying commentary – to pre-empt questions from Lloyd’s and members’ agents
We'd like to hear from you, if you:
- Have a strong understanding of insurance accounting
- Are a great communicator skills both written and verbal able to liaise with stakeholders within and outside of the organisation
- Have experience of using the Microsoft Office Suite to an advanced level with an emphasis on Excel.
- Are part or fully qualified in ACA or ACCA (or equivalent).
Lloyds Market insurance experience is desirable and not essential for this role.