Do you have experience of providing Financial Systems support within the insurance industry?
Our Financial Systems Analyst provides front line support to the Finance Business partner (BP) who manages the Finance Systems & MI team and senior team members of the Team, including Sun Accounts, Finance reporting and developments, business analysis and IBM Planning Analytics. Daily they interact with Finance Teams, Underwriters and Product Managers, working with them to provide support, progress reporting, analysis, dashboards and automated decisions.
They implement, administer and develop robust finance systems to support all areas of the business and ensure a high level of financial control at all time. Our Financial Systems Analysts are also the focal point for the identification and development of finance systems and business MI opportunities, supporting the Finance Department and all divisions of the business.
The location for this role is our London office, we are currently trialling a mix of office and home working patterns at IQUW Group. During the selection process we will discuss indicative home / office patterns for this role.
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner, your main responsibilities in the role will be to:
- Responsibility for support, maintenance and development of Sun Accounts and ancillary products
- Support and train local and wider business in the use of Sun Accounts
- Assist and support the team in provision of Finance systems (Sun accounts and modules, system interfaces)
- Provide first line support for Sun Accounts users
- Act as point of contact to ensure successful issue resolution and update customers according to agreed service level agreements
- Comply with best practice financial controls for finance systems that reduce risk to the company’s financial accounts, bank accounts and financial data. Ensure coherence to the group system security and Data Governance policies and facilitate/respond to audit reviews
- Responsible for support, maintenance and development of IBM Planning Analytics (TM1)
- Development and maintenance of existing processes requiring SQL or VBA expertise
We'd like to hear from you if you have the below skills and experience:
- Experience and knowledge of Insurance methods of trading, industry operational practices and procedures
- Understanding of data structures and experience of extracting and utilising data to drive key strategic decisions, including the production of insightful analysis
- Appreciation of the industry and market legal, regulatory and compliance provisions and the broker channels to market
- Experience of creating and maintaining Financial Reporting
- Financial controls and an appreciation for financial/management accounting
- Sun Super User or Sun Systems Administration experience covering:
- Maintenance of Static Data
- Business Unit and Ledger Setup Administration
- User Manager
- Q&A skills to advanced level
- Thorough understanding of the structure of Sun (LA codes / CoA)
- Transfer Desk
- Assisting end users with ad-hoc queries around Sun/Q&A