Are you an agile delivery expert?
Assist the Head of Product Delivery in facilitating the delivery of product change across Tribes. The Agile Delivery Lead is responsible for the coordination of product change (project change) across each Tribe, including the removal of blockers and impediments and protecting the Tribes from outside distractions.The Agile Delivery Lead is responsible for the day to day agile project delivery management activities within each Tribe, working with the squads in the creation and maintenance of delivery plans, coaching and assisting the Squads in the effective use agile frameworks and ceremonies and driving an agile delivery culture based on the principles of continuous improvement.Act as a point of contact for all aspects of project delivery across each Tribe.
The location for this role is our Swansea office, we are currently trialling a mix of office and home working patterns at IQUW Group. During the selection process we will discuss indicative home / office patterns for this role.
Reporting to the Software Delivery Lead your key responsiblities will be to:
Delivery Management / Leadership
- Build and maintain robust agile delivery plans across each Tribe, ensuring continuous communication with project, business and operational stakeholders and having a clear understanding of business and stakeholder needs which delivery plans are to support
- Have a clear understanding of the needs of stakeholders to be able to build
- Work with Squad Scrum Masters and Chapter Leads in maximising each Squads ability to deliver sprint goals (supporting Tribe agile delivery plans) and contribute to the Tribes performance. This includes Squad utilisation and the velocity of delivery,
- Promote and lead each Tribe in the adoption of an agile delivery culture including delivery frameworks, governance and best practise
- Support the Head of Product Delivery in coaching and mentoring each Tribe on agile delivery principles and specific agile delivery frameworks and best practise
- Ensure agile delivery ceremonies are conducted and effective within each Tribe by supporting Squad Scrum Masters
- Identifying, tracking and remove impediments and blockers at Tribe level alongside the Squad Scrum Master to maintain focus and pace of delivery
- Work with the Head of Product Delivery and Chapter Leads in developing resource plans and strategy to meet the expected product delivery needs of business stakeholders in alignment with agile delivery plans
Personal Development / Continuous Improvement
- Actively manage the implementation of continual improvement initiates which support underlying strategies
- Actively keep informed of the new technology, agile delivery trends and frameworks, and how they can be adopted by the ERS Tribes in delivering product change
- Attend organised events with a view to further the development team’s knowledge and capabilities
- Build on foundations to grow existing relationships with stakeholders across key departments within the business.
- Seek feedback from colleagues to aide development within the role
We'd like to hear from you, if you have the below skills and experience:
- Experience of Agile Delivery Management or Project Management in a technology environment including the use of SCRUM and Kanban
- Knowledge and appreciation of Agile / DevOps delivery practises such as Product Backlogs (Epics, User Stories and Features), CICD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery), TDD - Test-driven development, ATDD - Acceptance Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, Automated Testing
- Knowledge and experience of using agile delivery toolsets such as Microsoft DevOps Azure
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to help build and maintain valuable relationships within all business areas.
- Possess high level of analysis, logical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Positive and enthusiastic (can-do attitude)
- The ability to work to challenging delivery deadlines, in a high-pressure environment and doing so in a calm, controlled manner